Here at MarketerGizmo we’re all about publishing truly useful content written BY and FOR marketers. If that’s something you’re jazzed about too, we’d love to hear from you.
But we get a lot of submissions and requests to write with us. We want to respond quickly to these inquiries, so please follow these guidelines if you’d like us to consider publishing your work on MarketerGizmo.
General Article Guidelines:
- Create something truly useful. What will a reader be able to do better/faster/smarter/etc. after reading your piece?
- Provide data-driven examples, either from your own experience or externally sourced research
- Don’t submit something that’s already been published elsewhere. Original content only, please.
Getting in Touch:
Before you go to the trouble to write a whole post, let’s talk about a proposed topic. Email Andrea, our managing editor, at hello[at]marketergizmo.com and include:
- The words “GUEST POST” in the subject line of your email
- A little bit about you
- The proposed title of your article
- 3-5 takeaways you’ll be covering in the article
- 1-2 existing MarketerGizmo articles you plan to use to supplement your points
- 1-2 sentences explaining how our readers will benefit from your post
- Links to some of your best existing work
What Happens Next:
If your proposal fits into our editorial schedule and meets our standards of quality, we’ll request that you send us the full article via email as a Word doc attachment. If there are any images you want to include, please attach those files as well.
Our editorial team will review your submission and suggest edits. These may be minor grammatical changes or suggestions for a complete reorganization. Please take this feedback in the positive manner it is intended. We want your piece to be successful, and we will do our best to help make that happen.
- Articles must be at least 1,000 (preferably over 1,200) words. Shorter articles will not be considered.
- You may include a short (2-3 sentence) bio, which we will include at the end of your article. It can include one outbound link to the URL of your choice as well as one social media link. We’ll also need a nice headshot (png or jpg file format).
- Please include 2-3 versions of your title, but realize we may choose a different title entirely.
- Be sure to include sub-headlines to break up the flow of your article.
- Pieces that are riddled with grammatical and spelling errors may be returned to you without edits.
Once your article is ready to be published, we will provide you with a publication date and URL. We’d love for you to help it get off the ground by sharing it with your own network.
Thanks for your interest in writing with us on MarketerGizmo!